Recent articles and presentations
- Three-part journal series on progressive education–past, present, future (2013).
- Bruce, Bertram C. (2010, March 5). Is community inquiry possible? Philosophy of Education discussion group. Champaign: Educational Policy Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Bruce, Bertram C. (2009, April). “Building an airplane in the air”: The life of the inquiry group. In Joni Falk & Brian Drayton (eds.), Creating and sustaining online professional learning communities (pp. 47-67). New York: Teachers College Press. [ISBN: 0-807749-40-0]
- Bruce, Bertram C. (2008, June). Coffee cups, frogs, and lived experience. International Journal of Progressive Education, 4(2).
- Bruce, Bertram C. (2008). From Hull House to Paseo Boricua: The theory and practice of community inquiry. In Bogdan Dicher & Adrian Luduşan (eds.), Philosophy of pragmatism (II): Salient inquiries (pp. 181-198). Cluj-Napoca, Romania: Editura Fundației pentru Studii Europene (European Studies Foundation Publishing House). [ISBN: 978-606-526-007-8]
- Bruce, Bertram C. (2009). Reflections on youth, media, and democracy. In Jan Pettersen (ed.), Youth Media Democracy: Perspectives on new media literacy (pp. 27-35). Dublin, Ireland: Centre for Social & Educational Research, Dublin Institute of Technology. [ISBN: 1-900454-32-7]
- Bruce, Bertram C., & Lin, Ching-Chiu (2009). Voices of youth: Podcasting as a means for inquiry-based community engagement. E-Learning, 6(2).
- Bruce, Bertram C., & Reynolds, Abigail (2010, February, in press). Technology in Docklands education: Using scenarios as guides for teaching and research. Educational Studies, 36(1).
- Budhathoki, Nama R., Bruce, Bertram C., & Nedovic-Budic, Zorica (2008). Reconceptualizing the role of the user of spatial data infrastructures. GeoJournal: An International Journal on Geography. Vol. 72, No. 3-4. pp: 149-160.
- Casey, Leo; Bruce, Bertram C.; Martin, Allan; Reynolds, Abigail; Shiel, Gerry; Coffey, Laura; Brown, Clifford; & Hallissy, Michael (2009, March). Digital literacy: New approaches to participation and inquiry learning to foster literacy skills among primary school children. Dublin, Ireland: Centre for Research and Innovation in Learning and Teaching, National College of Ireland.
- D’Arcy, Cleo J.; Eastburn, Darin M.; & Bruce, Bertram C. (2009, Winter). How media ecologies can address diverse student needs. College Teaching, 5(2), 1-7.
Blog posts on digital literacy
Files connected with recent talks
Youth Community Informatics project
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: