We will have a variety of activities during class sessions. These include:
- What do you remember as a significant learning experience, in or out of school? Are there any general lessons you can draw from that? Or patterns you see among those of your classmates?
- How do children solve problems together? Discuss “Rulers” from Wally’s Stories, by Vivian Paley
- Discuss: “Butterflies,” by Patricia Grace
- Reflect & Discuss: What assumptions do we make about teaching and learning? “A teacher educator’s perspective on students’ and teachers’ schemes” –Jack Easley
- Lesson/unit study
- Investigate, Create, & Discuss: How can scaffolds for learning be provided? Vygotsky’s “forbidden colors” game
- Stimulating inquiry about inquiry