See also Finding a job–faculty, postdoc, and research associate jobs.
Finding an assistantship can be a challenge, but students who have skills to offer and are persistent usually find support through one of the many university offices and functions.
- Always Illinois–an online social network for Illinois alumni, students, faculty and staff; post your resume and search for jobs.
- Assistantship Clearinghouse is the Graduate College’s online listing of available assistantships and hourly positions for graduate students.
- Campus Information Technologies and Educational Services (CITES)
- Graduate College: Financial Assistance–includes Financial Aid for Graduate Students, Office of Student Financial Aid, Fellowship Office, Fellowship Opportunities, Tuition, Assistantships, Conference Travel Grants, Emergency Grants
- Graduate School of Library and Information Science
- University Library Employment Information–positions available in the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library
- Office of Student Financial Aid: Student Employment
- Przeworski, Adam, & Salomon, Frank (1995). The art of writing proposals: Some candid suggestions for applicants to social science research council competitions. New York: Social Science Research Council.
- Scholarship help–”to educate students about scholarship access and the necessary requirements for achieving maximum financial aid.”