Some of my own thoughts on managing a large writing project in an unfamiliar genre and on dissertation writing, structure, and audience are in Writing the dissertation.
- Daily Routines: How writers, artists, and other interesting people organize their days
- Yaffe, Philip (2009, June 23 – 29). How to generate reader interest in what you write. Ubiquity, 10(7).
- 100 awesome open source tools for writers, Journalists, and bloggers at OnlineCourses.org
- Professional writing and publishing: Resources for librarians
- Counseling Center, UIUC. Dissertation success strategies–difficulties students experience while writing the dissertation; strategies to minimize potential problems
- Haythornthwaite, Caroline (2004). Structure of a dissertation proposal
- Higgins, Chris. Notes on the critical-interpretive essay
- Nyquist, Jody, & Woodford, Bettina. Re-envisioning the Ph.D.
- Pratt, Wanda. Graduate school survival guide. Stanford Medical Informatics
- Pryor, James (2002). Philosophy links. See especially the links to “Philosophical terms and methods,” “How to read a philosophy paper,” and “Guidelines on writing a philosophy paper.”
- Syverson, Peg (2002). The making of the wealth of reality reflections on the writing of the dissertation–an excellent Center for Writing Studies colloquium presentation, which addresses many aspects of writing a dissertation, including setting goals, getting organized, staying on a schedule, using software
- Dean, Ben. All but dissertation survival guide