If people in Wellfleet, or the Lower Cape, were to take on a boats unit, they might ask questions such as these in a unit study:
- Ask: How might we reimagine the Boats unit for the Lower Cape in 2015?
- Investigate: What insights for the Boats unit can be found in other existing units?
- Create: What opportunities for learning can local organizations offer for the boats unit?
- Discuss: What can we learn from the experiences with the original Boats unit? How can ideas for a new Boats unit be made accessible to teachers, librarians, museum staff, parents, children, etc. without becoming what William Heard Kilpatrick calls “predigested thinking”?
- Reflect: What are we learning both about boats and teaching with boats?